19/12/2013

Blistex: The Lip Saviours


For as long I as can remember I have been using Blistex Relief Cream (the packaged product in the image) for dry lips. I usually use it before I go to sleep and on a morning before I go out. I would recommend this product to everyone because it shows vast improvements and I can't believe how much help it has given me over the years. It is actually the only mint lip balm that I like; I'm not a fan of the mint flavoured lip balms. Blistex Relief Cream is medicated and doesn't just sit on your lips to dry out, it starts to fix your lips which is exactly what everyone with dry lips wants. 

Which leads me onto saying that recently I have been trying to pull myself off using lip balms so frequently. I usually apply lip balms such as The Body Shop Born Lippy's or BabyLips a few times during the day, which works. But at the end of the day, I was applying them several times so something was going wrong. I got to the point where I couldn't bare non-moisturised lips and I started to believe that I have naturally dry lips. Now I know that I do have dry skin and it is winter time, but I do have some sort of understanding that the body will have a natural moisturiser for your lips.

'Maybe I'm addicted to lip balms?'

Ok, before we jump to conclusions, I'm no scientist so I have no idea if it's possible. But I was a bit sick and tired of always needing to apply lip balms. So because I trust the Blistex relief cream so much I decided to use another product from them to help get myself off too frequently lip-balming.

I have recently started trying Blistex Moisture Mix with hydrating soft pearls. It is a gel that smells really lovely and has little blue beads that dissolve when you put it on your lips. I was a bit sceptical at first because it was similar to the ones I was trying to avoid but I was honestly soooo happy with it's result. It makes my lips look genuinely healthy and I am only applying this once in the middle of the day.

I'm rather proud that I have easily stopped this irratating need to apply lip balms. So if you feel the same: these are your two products to use.

Also- it's nearly Christmassss :D you might have noticed, but I decided to to do mid-week posts on the December lead up to Christmas to space out my Advent Calendar posts. I hope you like them, let me know in the comments :)

1 COMMENTS:

  1. Blistex Moisture Mix sounds interesting. I might pick one up once all my current lip balms run out! :)

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR COMMENTING