27/12/2014

Macbook Pro


After such a lovely Christmas I can't thank my family enough for my fantastic gifts, one of which was the present I have always dreamt of. Due to the fact that I'm soon to be in college, sitting exams and courses that require documents, awaiting the newest series of my favourite TV show and a shameless Sims 3 addict, I thought a laptop would be a suitable gift this Christmas. 

I was stunned when I saw the white Apple box peeping from the wrapping paper, I even cried, because I was not expecting this laptop to be the one I received. I can't thank my parents enough. 

I am in no way aiming to brag about this, mostly I'm just showing my main Christmas present for the nosey people out there (I'm with you on that one). 

These are the things that I love most about it:

Look - It's a work of art. One million brownie points to Apple for creating such a beautiful masterpiece. The chrome metal and light-up keyboard give it such a sophisticated look that will never loose trend. 

Retina Display - My version is the retina display one, meaning the picture quality can be outstanding. The screen saver represents that particular feature very well.

iMessage - I'm one of those people who texts their friends all the time (you know who you are) and this laptop has a fantastic feature of the iMessage app. I can fluently text any of my iMessage contacts  and these messages will also be stored in my phone without the unnecessary 'double-notification'. This is really handy for when my phone and I are apart. 

Documents - Apple software has finally introduced their own documents (or maybe this is a late discovery, but give me some Leigh-way) consisting of Pages, Numbers and Keynote - AKA: Word, Excel and Powerpoint. I admit, I will need to do a bit more learning around the software but, by first impressions, it looks very good. 

iTunes - I've never had iTunes on a computer of my own so I now have a weight lifted off my shoulders. I was dependent on my dad's old computer until it completely crashed (screen fell off and all) then my phone started telling me that there was no storage. I'm really grateful that I can finally have that sorted out. 

Just everything - It's my love. 

So if you're planning on getting one of these for yourself or for the family, I would say they are totally worth it; they are expensive, but you pay for what you get. I'd especially aim on looking through the sales because you never know what you'll find. 

Again, I am very fortunate to have one of these and truely grateful. 

What did you receive this Christmas?

22 COMMENTS:

  1. I have an old MacBook Pro (from like 2006) and even though its battery exploded and I can't use it when its not charging, and Club Penguin doesn't work, I still love it. I do want a new one, though. xx

    ZoesSecretStyle.blogspot.co.il

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are just really worth it, on a whole :)

      Alice x

      Delete
  2. I love, love, love this computer!! So jealous (in a good way hahaha). Make the best of it ;)

    xx Cecil// www.wednesday19th.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the '(in a good way)' because I was so insecure about this post :)

      Alice x

      Delete
  3. I got the MacBook Air for my Christmas/birthday present last year and I'm in love with it! So beautiful. Apple really hit the nail on the head with their laptops :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cool present! I've always dreamed about having Mac even though I have never really used them but the look of it is what really attracts me the most, haha. x
    www.meetmeonthebalcony.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, the look of them is so smart :)

      Alice x

      Delete
  5. Wow great gift! I would love to have a Macbook one day :)

    Bethan Likes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also got my Macbook Pro this year and it was the best thing! Instantly felt like it was my lifetime companion (oops). Totally agree that the iTunes and Documents are so useful!

    Oh and by the way, I don't recommend you placing it on your bed directly (because it slowly damages the battery as Apple products are pretty sensitive and need delicate care as you could probably tell). Maybe use a table or laptop pad, or that thing with the tiny fans at the bottom. :)

    Great post! Xoxoxo
    http://thoughtsintiffanyblue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree and thanks for that, I've been told that before but maybe I should take action and get my self a little desk :)

      Alice x
      alzgalz.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete
  7. I agree that this is the best laptop ever! I've had mine for 3 years now and it still feels brand new :) Hope you had a lovely Christmas xxx

    emlaff.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy for you! enjoy, love your blog, I followe via GFC

    Jennos Health.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just spent two hours reading through your blog posts haha. Your blog is lovely. I also got a Macbook Pro for Christmas and am still fan-girling over everything it can do. Merry Christmas xx

    melissanicolek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am excactly the same :)
      Thank you so much for reading my blog, I'm glad you like it :D

      Alice x

      Delete
  10. wow what an amazing present.
    I think when I next need a new laptop I will get one of these, they look amazing.
    xxx
    Lyndsey
    www.labeau.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are great, totally worth it :)

      Alice x

      Delete
  11. Such a fab present, I updated my MBP to retina back in October and I'm so glad that I did :) I completely agree with everything you've said and iMessage makes life so much easier :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally, I text from my laptop now :)

      Alice x

      Delete

THANKS FOR COMMENTING