31/12/2014

My Favourite Music Of 2014


I'm not a huge music fan and, to be completely honest, I live without music on my phone; I also hardly ever really listen to the radio. Aside from that, I do love singing (shamelessly) and playing a few particular albums over and over. 

My favourite albums releases of this year have been:

Lana Del Rey - Ultraviolence
I'm a huge fan of Lana Del Rey - I really want to see her in gig. Yes, yes, yes, I know she sings about 'depressing' subjects and they are slow songs but it's gritty and her voice amazing. Her lyrics have meaning, too, and I'd say that any songs with gripping lyrics is the genre I like. My favourite songs on this album are: Brooklyn Baby, Money Power Glory, Black Beauty and Florida Kilos.

Ed Sheeran - x
Honestly, I've not listened to the whole album but I love the songs I've heard. I used to not like Ed Sheeran because I felt like his old album didn't do him much justice but 'x' is a lot more personal and his voice sounds a lot more edgy. I'd love to see him in concert. My favourite songs on this album are: Don't, Sing and Thinking Out Loud, maybe cliché as they are the most popular.

McBusted - Mcbusted
God, I love these guys! I loved McFly and Busted so the supergroup pleases me so much. I went to see them in concert in May and it was fantastic, I even managed to get tickets to go and see them again next year for their album tour. The new album is totally them; their songs are hilarious and up beat. My favourite songs on this album are: What Happened To Your Band, Get Over It, Gone, Sensitive Guy, Back In Time and 23:59. It was difficult to pic my favourites because they're all great.

Albums that I've loved this year (released before 2014):

Rhodes - Raise Your Love and Home EPs
Rhodes is an unclaimed artist who has a beautiful voice and deserves a million music awards because his music is like a melody that just flows through your ears. His 'Raise Your Love' EP was released in 2013 and my favourite songs on the EP are: Darker Side and Raise Your Love. I also really love Breath from his new EP: Home. 

Kodaline - In A Perfect World
This album was mentioned in my October Favourites and it's made up of lots of really catchy songs with really cool lyrics. I'm really looking forward to their next album to be released soon. My favourite songs on this album are: Brand New Day and Perfect World.

Lorde - Pure Heroine
Lorde is 'Lana Del Rey #2' in that her genre of dream/indie pop is the same with Lana. Lorde has a fantastic voice and I love how crazy and truthful her lyrics are. I've been loving listening to Pure Heroine on repeat and I'd call it a 'sing-it-in-the-shower' album. My favourite songs on this album are: 400 Lux, Ribs, Buzzcut Season and Team.


This is just my opinion on the music that I've
 enjoyed this year and I can't wait to see the new releases of 2015.
I'll see you next year!

What has been your favourite music of 2014?

16 COMMENTS:

  1. I love Lana's new album! It's sooo good! x x

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have pretty much the same music taste, that's amazing! I really like Busted and I enjoyed a lot listening to Taylor Swift as well :)

    xx Cecil // www.wednesday19th.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, I finally find someone with the same music taste :D

      Alice x
      alzgalz.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete
  3. Loveddd Ed's album! I felt that from his first album, this one's so different yet still very much the same. Great picks, have a wonderful 2015!

    http://thoughtsintiffanyblue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally!!! Thank you, you too :D

      Alice x
      alzgalz.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete
  4. Absolutely love Ed's Album! Great picks! Have a great 2015! x

    http://theperksofmeg.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really need to listen to lana's new album!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely should when you can :)

      Alice x

      Delete
  6. We have very similar music tastes! I love Pure Heroine and In a Perfect World, I listen to them both on repeat. I also love x, I listened to it all the way through about three times on the lane this summer, so good! I love Tenerife Sea

    Heather x
    http://heatherrrrm.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also put them on repeat, they're great :D

      Alice x

      Delete
  7. I love McBusted! I didn't think I would because I've always loved Mcfly but I was never a fan a Busted. But best supergroup ever!

    Katie xx

    OkayKate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree although I loved Busted, haha :)

      Alice x

      Delete
  8. I love Eds album to, when I first heard Thinking out loud it was all love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, I love the music video too :)

      Alice x

      Delete

THANKS FOR COMMENTING