01/01/2015

New Year Resolutions


My New Year Resolutions for 2015 have been inspired by this video, in which Giovanna Fletcher describes her resolutions and how they should be more of a positive subject. She explains (for myself to agree) that resolutions shouldn't be 'cutting back', they should be more 'producing the best'. 

So, here's my positive New Year Resolutions:

1. Eat more fruit. I'm starting off simple with the empty promise to eat healthier. I'm a sucker for a good chocolate but my insatiable colds and ailments could be decreased if I take action and have more natural vitamins from fruits. I call it an 'empty promise' because I have no idea if it'll work.

2. Read 20≤ Books. After reading around 15 books in 2014, I'd like to improve that number this year. I was, generously, given a Kindle Paperwhite for Christmas this year by my grandparents so I will now be able to read books cheaper and on-the-go. I got a few physical books for christmas and in the sales (post up when the last ones arrive) so I will be alternating between Kindle and printed copies. 

3. Take more pictures with friends and of experiences. Particularly in 2014 I started taking more pictures with my friends and of the places I go because I believe it is making the experience a memory. My friends and I could be possibly leaving for different colleges at the end of the year so I always want to have the pictures of the times we shared together to look back on. 

4. Do not be afraid to be unique. Too cheesy? Well, I think I need to stop 'humming and harring' about weather the picture I want to put on Instagram is too boring. In 2014 I started to theme my Instagram on a personal level by including more photography pictures and the kind of pictures the I mentioned above. I believe that I don't need to care about what other people think if I am happy with it. 

5. Following dreams. I'm staying on the cheesy level with this one because, as I moved further into the decision time of education, my interviewers expect me to know some sort of path I'd like my career to branch down. I did a lot of hard thinking about this during last year (2014) and I've come to some realistic and some possibly unrealistic careers but this year I'm not going to let people tell me what's realistic and what's not, I'm going to follow my dreams.

Now that the dial has turned from '4' to '5' it's
time to get these resolutions up and running.

What would you like to achieve this year?



8 COMMENTS:

  1. I would love to work on my blog more! this was such a nice post to read btw

    Jennos Health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im the same as Jenny i really want to put a lot of effort into my blog and up my writing game! xxx

    KirstyLeighx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great resolutions :)

    Alice x
    alzgalz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great resolutions and i love the positive look at them, I also think they are an amazing idea and should be about improving your life
    xxx
    Lyndsey
    www.labeau.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, best to start the year with a positive outlook :D

      Thank you!:)
      Alice x

      Delete
  5. Good luck with your resolutions! I want to start taking more photos this year as well, especially since I got an Instax mini for Christmas!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG!! I love the Instax mini's the effect that they give - it's gorgeous :D
      Good luck to you too and thank you

      Alice x

      Delete

THANKS FOR COMMENTING