28/11/2015

MY NOVEMBER NO'S


I usually don't do posts of things that I don't like because I like most of the products that I use. This month there has been three particular products that I just couldn't manage to enjoy.

PANTENE DRY SHAMPOO VOLUME BOOSTER. Personally, I believe that there aren't many drug-store dry shampoos on the market that are anything better than Batiste. In November, after running out of my beloved Batiste Tropical, I decided to try out a different one. After trying this Pantene dry shampoo, I ran straight back to using Batiste. The spray is practically just a weak hairspray that doesn't do anything to revive your hair. It adds a bit of texture, but the lack of talc doesn't provide any sort of de-oiling qualities. There wasn't much volume either - it just seems like a can of uselessness.

SOAP & GLORY KICK ASS CONCEALER. I tried so hard to like this but it just doesn't go down well with me. I love Soap & Glory products but this concealer seems so be completely resisted by my skin. I can dab this under my eyes and there is no way that I can blend it smoothly or stop streaky lines. I know that one of my friends swears by it yet the other agrees with me, so maybe you've just got to have the right skin. However, I do love the powder on the top section. It's very fine and bright - I use it to powder/finish foundation and other concealers. 

HEAD & SHOULDERS ITCHY SCALP EUCALYPTUS SHAMPOO. Since dying my hair (post coming up) I didn't want to use an itchy scalp shampoo that was too heavy weight, so I took to Head & Shoulders. I usually use Vosene because, with having dry skin, I can often get an itchy or tight scalp. This Head & Shoulders shampoo does the job, just not quick enough. It takes too many washed to see a difference, in my opinion. Also, I'm pretty sure it's the eucalyptus that makes my eyes sting, because I never get shampoo in my eyes and this has a really poignant scent that I reckon doesn't treat my poor eyes very well. 

EVER TRIED THESE PRODUCTS? WHAT DO YOU THINK?
WHAT DO YOU RECCOMMEND?

6 COMMENTS:

  1. Totally agree with you about the Batist dry shampoo, it just works with my hair and nothing else seems to work.

    Alicia x

    http://bambidreaming.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, I thought I was the only one haha x

      Delete
  2. I really want to try the kick ass concealer, I've heard so many great things about it. Great post and lovely blog too x
    OhjustAlice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, it's good just not for me :)

      Delete
  3. This is a really good idea for a series! It's a shame that you didn't get on with the Soap & Glory concealer but the powder sounds lovely :) xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR COMMENTING