03/07/2017

THE TOP 7 WAYS TO THINK OF A BLOG POST IDEA



Gah, there's nothing more awful than wanting to blog but not knowing what the hell to talk about. Believe me. I've been through it. After digging your head in the sand, having a little cry, and eating a full tub of ice cream, here's what you could do to think up some post ideas:

PLAN AHEAD
Every now and then, you can sit down with a cuppa and brainstorm a bunch of blog ideas; write them down and store them somewhere so that when you get writers block, you can refer back to those ideas. 

ASK YOUR TRIBE
Ask friends and family. Especially with friends, the likelihood is that they're the kind of age that your target audience is, so find out what matters to them and what they want to see being discussed.

OPEN YOUR EYES
Use your surroundings. Open you're eyes and look at the world around you because, chances are no two bloggers see the same place with the same perspective.

FIND OUT THE HOT TOPICS 
Use social media to see what kind of posts are popular amongst bloggers and that could help bring some ideas. Obviously, don't just copy every post you see, just kinda see what the trends are and get inspired.

REVIEW IT
If you've bought anything recently that you think might be at the interest of others, get bloggin'. Reviews come in handy to more people than you'd think.

THROW IT BACK
Look back at your old blog posts from when your blog was a lil' baby and do either of three things. A) You could delete a post and re-write it in a more updated style or B) Get inspo from them or C) Do a post in which you revisit the issue/product/subject with a 'one year on' kind of mind set.

THE HOLY PINTEREST
If you aren't on Pinterest then I think it's time you took a little walk to think about your actions. As well as being a storage box for all things 'goals', this place has a gleaming corner of blog help - it grabs tonnes of inspo for blog post ideas and places them straight into your hands.


What's you're key strategy for getting blog inspo?

6 COMMENTS:

  1. Planning ahead has made such a difference to my blog post output. I'm so glad I started doing it. I usually think of ideas and write them down then and there, then put them into my editorial calendar when I get a moment. The category I'm struggling most with in terms of ideas is fashion. It's a fairly new topic for my blog, so I'm sure it'll get easier as time goes by. Xx

    Tania | When Tania Talks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One time I was laid in bed, it was midnight, and I thought of an idea so I got up and wrote it down so that I didn't forget it. Post ideas can come at the most unexpected times so you gotta catch them when they're hot :P

      Delete
  2. Ooh I love this post! I'm having a blogging day today and trying to come up with some future post ideas so couldn't have come at a better time!xx

    Lucy | lucy-cole.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh perfect!! So glad this is of help :D

      Delete
  3. I love this post so much, I'm more than sure it's going to help out so many bloggers. Such great tips babe, thank you for sharing πŸŒΈπŸ’—✨

    With love, Alisha Valerie. x
    www.AlishaValerie.com | www.twitter.com/AlishaValerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it does help plenty of bloggers! No problem, I'm glad you like it :) x

      Delete

THANKS FOR COMMENTING